July 4, 2018 at 11:59 pm #133278
I have created form to submit job applications. But there are some problems that I am facing.
1. The submissions are not going into the list which I added and defined in form. They are being added into main leads list. I want them to go into specific list.
2. I have created a field to upload files (enabled file attachment extensions) and mapped it to a field with filetype – media. Not sure it is the correct file type for attachments. Please confirm.
3. Now when i m editing the forms, it is not saving the edits. Not doing anything on clicking save btn.
Please help me with these problemsJuly 5, 2018 at 3:41 pm #133284
There’s no need to map the uploader, but it wouldn’t hurt to map it either. Uploaded files are added to the Leads’s Attachments tab.
About leads being created but not added to the administrative list you setup, that is very strange. It may have to do with error 3, which sounds like a JS error caused by a plugin or theme conflict.
Will you do three things for me?
1. Take a screenshot of the Inbound Form settings and confirm that your fields are all mapped: http://docs.inboundnow.com/guide/map-inbound-now-form-fields/
2. Share a link to a frontend page that has the Inbound Form on it for testing.
3. Run a theme/plugin check to see what is causing the form not to save. Instructions for running one of these tests are below.
Kind regards & ttys,
Hudson AtwellJuly 12, 2018 at 2:27 am #133342
Thanks for the reply. I have tried disabling plugins and themes to check if attachments are coming through or forms are saving but none of it helped.
I have noticed that when on front end form, I attach any file, it doesn’t show file name and shows browse btn as it is.
But when i hover over the browse btn, it shows file name on tooltip.
I am attaching screenshot of the form after file is attached. Please check if it has anything to do with the problem.
Have also attached inbound form settings.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.July 12, 2018 at 6:29 pm #133351
The first screenshot is showing that there’s a JS error. I know you said you disabled all plugins and switched themes to check if the Inbound Form preview screen begins to work correctly. It should of fixed… because it did not I do not know why it’s breaking on your instance.
On the other hand, it does look like you are able to create and map fields. I confirm your screenshot shows the file is not uploading. Is there a link I can test this form in real time? I’d love to take a look to see if there are any clues.
Inbound Attachments currently is the only extension that creates a ‘Attachments’ tab. I do remember working with another customer to help him getting a Contact Form 7 form to store attachment data inside the Lead profile, instead of using our Inbound forms. (see: https://support.inboundnow.com/support/topic/contact-form-7-file-attachements/)July 13, 2018 at 9:40 pm #133353This reply has been marked as private.July 13, 2018 at 11:28 pm #133355
I’ve confirmed the issue with the uploader button, but unfortunately there are no errors and it’s not something I will be able to fix and it’s not something I can repeat locally.
I recommend using a form tool besides our Inbound Forms like Contact Form 7 + their uploader.
I’m also going to pull the attachments extension from the marketplace. It’s not something I will have the time to upkeep and support and doesn’t bring in much money. Mostly I am pulling it to encourage others to use other form tools when they need more power.
Kind regards and apologies for not being help to solve this one.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.